Friday, July 11, 2014

I Have an Announcement


No, I'm not pregnant. We're not moving. I'm not going back to school (yet) and no one is graduating from anything.

But...

I have butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. Are you sitting down? 

I just signed my first writing deal! A publisher wants to publish my 1st book, Remembrandt (a young adult romantic suspense novel). Whoo hoo!!

I sent Walnut Springs Press my manuscript over 18 months ago and a few months back they contacted me asking if it was still available. Three weeks later I signed the contract!




Now before you all think I'm going to be famous and have movie deals or clothing lines and a fan club, let me clear it up for you. It is a smaller publisher. The book will be available online in print or electronic form (Amazon and Deseret Book) and at local bookstores, mostly Deseret Book, Costco and any others that accept books from Brigham Distributing.

I am hoping this is a step in the right direction in my writing career (can I call it that yet?). I'm just super excited that a publisher actually liked my book and wants to get it out there for me. If things go well, they would also like to publish more books in this series.

The past few weeks have been a little crazy with meeting the publisher, going over contracts, and helping prepare sample covers and ideas (all while taking care of 5 kids, no biggie). I even did a photo shoot for the book cover.  The next few months will be filled with revisions and grueling edits.


My First EVER manuscript all printed out, crisp and clean.
From what I hear, it will soon be plastered with pen marks, pages ripped and torn out, and tears shed.

If all goes as planned, Remembrandt should come out this November. THIS NOVEMBER! It's all a little fast and I am really nervous, but it's my foot in the door and I'm hoping it will open up my writing opportunities for the future.

Wish me luck!


Robin

2 comments:

  1. Robin! This is incredibly exciting! I'm so happy for you and for your success

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! I'm scared and excited at the same time :)

      Delete